Friday, December 19, 2008

Trenton's Snow Day

Trenton was excited to have his first snow day off of school. I was simply amazed at how quickly they cancel school for this area. I'm from northern Utah where we could have at least a foot of snow and school would still be in session. But here, I guess 2 inches is enough.

Trenton took full advantage and was out building his snowmen first thing in the morning. He was joined by a bunch of neighbor kids for a snowball fight that later ended in his snowmen being knocked down. Luckily we got a picture before that happened.
The next morning when I went to wake Trenton up for school, he wasn't in his bed. The bathroom light was on & the door was locked, so I assumed the obvious. However, after about a half hour & no noise from the bathroom, I decided I better check on him. I knocked on the door, but there was no answer. So, I decided to peek under the door....here is what I found:
Apparently it's warmer in the bathroom over the heat vent than it is in his room. Guess that's more important than a soft bed??

5 comments:

Hopie said...

Ohhhh, that's so cute!!!

Mandy B said...

that makes me smile. i love it. i know that my siblings and i did the same thing in our old house. we didn't have a heater upstairs for years and we'd end up on the floor by the kitchen where the best heater vent was. ah, childhood memories. i like that he locked the door, i think that makes it even funnier.

Greg said...

I love the pic of Trent stealing a snooze over the heat vent. I did the exact same thing when I was a kid. Drove my parents crazy!! Memories. Lol!!

Jenny said...

Hey Emily! You won a car candle in my giveaway. I'll give it to you when I see you next. you can also have %5 off any order you place in January! Thanks for entering!

Staci said...

What a cutie. I've never slept on the bathroom floor, but he made it look pretty comfy.