Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Secrets with Santa

The other day, I was having absolutely no luck getting the boys to clean their room. Awhile later, my realtor, Cindy, called & said to come on down to her office. She said "Santa Steve" was there meeting with the kids & taking pictures. Steve is actually her husband, who bears an uncanny resemblance to Santa Claus. I decided to take this as an "opportunity of sorts". I asked her if she could slip a little word in so Santa might "encourage" the boys to clean their room. Luckily the boys didn't remember Steve this time.

Last year we went to see Santa at a furniture store. It was a very long line & only seconds with Santa. This time was entirely different. They had quite the little chat with Santa. Tyler was in awe. Both were quite thrilled when they realized Santa's beard was real. They came to the agreement that the Santa at the furniture store last year was just one of Santa's helpers, and this was the REAL SANTA!! Their favorite part was that they said this Santa was soooo funny! They also said that Santa told them a secret & they couldn't tell me what it was. Trent had a little more urgency about cleaning his room once we got home, but at least now they'll believe me a little more when I tell them I have Santa's number...and so does my realtor.






2 comments:

Greg said...

Wow. He looks just like Santa!! :) Cute story.

Mandy B said...

That's a great story. I love the santa blackmail. =)