Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Greatest Gifts

I have had a recurring theme enter my head the last few days, so I wanted to share, even though this is probably simply a lesson for me to remain positive in spite of pain.

The other day we were at the mall and Tyler wanted to visit Santa. He was given a coloring book by the helpers. On his way out of the mall he read the cover. It said, "You are the Greatest Gift." He didn't agree that he was a gift. We told him he absolutely is. He then said, "But I'm not a gift from Santa. I'm a gift from Jesus." I believe my greatest bits of knowledge and things that touch my heart the most come directly from my children.

Another gift I am so incredibly grateful for right now is my family. I love my family here, but this particular instance I wanted to mention my parents. They are amazing. They joined us for a wonderful Thanksgiving and then spent the rest of their vacation helping me clean my house & doing so many odd jobs that I haven't been able to do lately. This means more to me than they know.

Some of my friends from high school came by for a visit this week with their family, which was also a gift for me to see them again.

Finally, one more gift from this week. Due to a pipe bursting down the street, we had the water turned off for several hours. We called a family in our ward who was visiting their family in Vegas. They didn't hesitate for a moment to tell us we were welcome to use their home for water, showers, dinner, etc. My ward and especially the friends I've made in my ward have truly been a blessing in my life.

I have been searching for a video that I had a few months ago. A friend of mine again emailed it to me this week. The boys heard the song only once or twice months ago, but still sing it on occasion. It is a beautiful message. Please play the video below if you have a moment to enjoy it.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Wow. I'm almost afraid to comment as I fear it could ruin the touching atmosphere of your post! I think there is a lesson in this one for all of us. I know you may not always think it, especially of late, but your positive attitude and your talent for always seeming to find the good is just awe inspiring. That's one of your greatest gifts. And it's one you continually give to those around you. Thank you.

Heather said...

That video is incredible! Can you PLEASE send it to me if you can?