Friday, January 30, 2009

Changes


Have you ever sat back and thought to yourself how much you have changed through the years? I don't mean just the wrinkles, the extra pounds & extra skin that magically appear, but all the little things too. For example, I grew up the only girl with 3 brothers. Now, I have 2 boys of my own. (Will I always be outnumbered?) I never was a "girly girl". I never dressed up like a princess. I never really cared about makeup until my late 20's. I never enjoyed shopping. I hated panty hose and any other sort of "girly undergarments". I typically owned only 2 pairs of shoes...one pair of sneakers to wear all week & one pair of Sunday shoes...and I was perfectly content with that.

Now fast forward to today. I found myself soooo excited when the UPS man brought me a box that contained my recently ordered boots. I thought they were so cute! Granted, I have no idea how long it will take to learn to walk in them. Never being a girly girl, I obviously wasn't much into wearing heels. Then after 2 foot surgeries 12 years ago, I have very, very slowly worked into heels...probably more to look my age than anything since I stand a whopping 5 feet tall without heels. I bought a pair of black boots about a year ago that were all of approx a 2 to 2-1/2 inch heel. Now these new ones, as cute as they may be, are at least 1 inch higher than the previous boots....and I walk like a penguin! But, they're cute, and for some odd reason, maybe just the fact that I have changed over the years, I am determined to learn how to walk in my new boots :)

7 comments:

Mandy B said...

Those are dang cute!!!! I love them. I'll tell you what, you help me with my quilt and I will teach you to walk in heels. I am a master and it's all in the hips and posture. Promise, I will get you prancing in those in an hour! vavavoom

Greg said...

Have 2 daughters. That should give you a pretty good balance of estrogen vs. testosterone. Lol.

Laurel said...

Cute boots! I love boots. They go with everything, and you don't have to shave. (My dirty little secret)

Hopie said...

OH MY!!!! If those were even close to my size, you wouldn't have to worry about wearing them... I would come over when you are gone and steal them out of you closet!!!! They are so freakin cute!!!! You'll learn how to walk in them, you just have to practice. Don't you just feel all big and sexy in shoes like that? Can't wait to see you rocking them at church someday!!!

Emily said...

Hehe :) Thanks everyone. Oh crap, Laurel knows my secret too!

Staci said...

Those are too cute Emily. Now you have to plan a date out to wear them.

Cardine said...

I wish I had some cute boots like that. Yay for you!