Friday, February 6, 2009

Things I've Learned

I thought I'd take just a moment to share some of the things I have learned this week...some on my own, some with the help of my children.

1. You should love your mom
(overheard Tyler telling this to a little friend when she said she didn't like her mom...proud moment for me!)

2. Children who live in snow-deprived regions of the country will still find a way to make a snowman...even if it is just the head.
(This was created by Tyler using cottage cheese, raisins & a pretzel.)














3. When a child is sick, you better find a garbage before it's too late.
(Apparently Smith's doesn't have enough of them around...learned from Trenton)

4. Grandpa Jim makes the world's best beef.
(Trenton informed me of this...he suddenly remembered the Christmas prime rib)

5. Plastic should never be stored in the drawer under the oven.
(I am getting old....nuff said?)















6. I'm not as tall as I thought I was. Then again, I haven't measured myself in YEARS! That, or I'm shrinking in my old age. Or I suppose another possibility is the fact that my feet have grown 2 sizes in the past 7 years must mean that it is all coming off the top!!

2 comments:

Cardine said...

Oh, I love the melted plastic. That is so... so... something that I would do.

Greg said...

Quite a week, huh? Tell Tyler I LOVE his snowman head! That kid is so amazingly creative!!