Monday, January 19, 2009

The Christmas Promise (another book review)

The Christmas Promise The Christmas Promise by Donna VanLiere


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
OK, another "feel good" book, but not one of my favorites. I enjoyed the story, but it seemed to take quite awhile (about the middle of the book) to reach any sort of climax and get me very intrigued. I found this book difficult to follow at times as the characters & perspectives changed simply from paragraph to paragraph rather than separation by chapters or some sort of marking, etc. Maybe I'm just a novice when it comes to reading much, but I'd like to see more than just a few extra spaces between the paragraphs to know where I'm going with it.



Now, don't let any of that scare you away from this one. It had a great message and I did enjoy how different the characters were & how they eventually all tied together. I wish we had more "Miss Glorys" in the world and that I could be more like her as well. The next book in this series that I have (I believe I am missing one) is The Christmas Hope. Funny that it should be called that as that was the main feeling I got from The Christmas Promise. Guess I'll have to read that one now & see how they compare.


View all my reviews.

1 comment:

Greg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.