Monday, May 10, 2010

Mini Staycation

I have been giving myself such a hard time lately. I feel like we are a rather "duddy" family. We really never do much beyond the chaos of work, sports, & school activities for the kids. In the 10-1/2 years that Mike and I have been married, the only nights away from the children were when I was at the hospital to have another one, or if one of us was on a business trip. We have never taken a vacation that wasn't to visit family (don't get me wrong....we love our families dearly, but someday we have a dream to take an actual vacation just for the fun of it!) Sometimes this along with the other stresses of day to day life just get the best of me. This past weekend it happened yet again & I had to get out. Thankfully my friend Kellie somehow knew this & invited me & the kids to go to the splash pad in town with her family for a picnic & fun. To us, it was like a mini staycation. We had a GREAT time! I couldn't help thinking, "We're actually out of the house & doing something!!" Here are a few pics of our fun day.




1 comment:

Kellie said...

It was an AWESOME day!!! Thanks so much for being willing to hang out with us!! ♥