Monday, May 10, 2010

Annie's Special Day

I didn't realize how far behind I was on this blog. So, looks like I'll be catching up from the past few months. First, back to March 7th. The family drove to Brigham for Annie's blessing in my parent's ward. We chose to do the blessing up there so more family & friends could attend rather than everyone driving so far to get to us. The weekend was wonderful. We were able to see many friends & family members & felt so lucky to share her special day with them. Yes, I am rather biased, but my little angel was absolutely beautiful in her little white dress. One of my favorite songs kept going through my head. It's called What Heaven Sees In You. I tried to include the MP3 on this blog post, but couldn't figure out how. I am frequently teary when I hear that song. It seems to have extra special meaning to me. We have known Annie would be coming to our family even before our boys came. If you ever want to know the story, just let me know. Long story short, she is named after my great grandma for her first name, & my parents for her middle name, so this day was incredibly special for us. We were even lucky enough to be able to see my grandma twice on this trip. The first time Annie saw her, the look in Annie's eyes was incredible! It was as if she had been looking for her & seemed to say, "Oh, there you are!" She couldn't take her eyes off her. It was sooo touching! Even with all of her health problems, she was able to make it to the blessing. Annie was blessed on March 7th by her Dad. I am so grateful that he is able to do such a special thing for her.






3 comments:

Greg said...

I love the picture of little Annie with her dolls. If you look at it close enough, Annie and the doll on the left seem to be looking at something together! :)

Greg said...

Oops. The doll on the right. (her left?)

JaNae said...

I love the pictures of her blessing. So fun. You have a beautiful family!