Friday, September 4, 2009

My Hero, My Son


I am so overwhelmed with emotion right now & had to share. Maybe the hormones make that feeling a bit stronger right now, but either way, I'm incredibly grateful. Trenton & I were in the front yard pulling weeds this morning. I was actually feeling pretty good & wanted to get something done before it got too hot. After the rain last night, the weeds came out quite easily. I went to the backyard to throw some weeds in the dumpster. As I was walking back around to the front yard, Trenton came running to me from clear across the yard. At the time I thought I was fine. He said he just felt like he needed to give me a hug. He then looked at me and said, "Mom, are you ok?" I suddenly realized at that very moment how close I was to passing out. He helped me get to the porch to sit down. I could barely make it there even with his help. I can only imagine what would have happened had he not suddenly wanted to give me a hug in the middle of his weed pulling & been right there for me. I know he was inspired to be there at that moment for me. I know I never say it enough, but I love my kids! I am so grateful he listened & followed that feeling.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Wow Emily that is awesome! Isn't it amazing how close to the spirit they are? I guess that is why we are told to become as a little child.

Misty @Creative Itch said...

I'm glad he followed that feeling he had too! I worry about you...please don't hesitate to call me if you need anything!!

Hopie said...

WOW!!! Intuitive!!! Thank goodness.

Jill Freestone said...

very sweet - what a gem