Thursday, March 12, 2009

Blue for Boys??

OK, here's your warning. If you don't like hearing about feminine products, close this now. (nope, it's not graphic.) Sorry if you consider this over-sharing, but it's just too funny to not share.

To fully understand this, you will need to have read the previous post about Tyler's back wound. I have been keeping it moist with Neosporin, gauze & wrapping him in an ace wrap. It's just too large for a bunch of band-aids. Well, I was running out of gauze, so Mike suggested using feminine hygiene pads. Hmm...he has had many crazy ideas, but that one actually made sense! They work great! Tonight as I was re-wrapping Tyler, I asked him to go get the pink box out from under my bathroom sink. OK, some of you may know that some pads are wrapped in little pink wrappers & some in blue. Just so happened I had both in the pink box. Tyler said, "Mom, there is only one boy one left." I had no idea what he was talking about until he pulled out a blue wrapper. I told him we needed two to cover his sores. He then said, "Ooooh, a girl one", as he pulled a pink wrapper from the box. The look on Mike's face by this time was priceless! Oh, the stories we'll have to tell when this poor kid is older! Tyler also requested that we put the boy one on his back first. He even asked me how to put it on so he could do it himself.

7 comments:

Greg said...

Makes perfect sense! In fact, in wrestling, some of the guys (uh, not me, of course) would use tampons to plug up a really bad nose bleed!! Maybe I'm over sharing, too. ;)

Misty @Creative Itch said...

That's too funny! Ya gotta love the way little boys think!

Jill Freestone said...

that is awesome!! some day they are going to love/hate that story

Thomas Rust said...

okay, I had to pick myself off the floor from laughing soooo hard! That is so funny! That's what my mom used to tell me they were back when I was a little youngster, BANDAIDS!

Hopie said...

Soooo cute!!!

Staci said...

Priceless!!

Misty @Creative Itch said...

Emily,

I went private on my blog and don't have an email address for you. If you'd like an invite, email me at
rowleym77(at)hotmail(dot)com.